Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mystery Reader

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Banany's second grade teacher. She's wonderful.

She invited parents, friends, loved ones...whomever...of the students to sign up to be a Mystery Reader. The kids love trying to guess who will show up and read a book to them. It requires a bit of sneaking in the hallways and avoiding the kids coming out of phy ed, and ducking out of sight from the windows into the classroom...some ninja work that Meaty, my accomplice, thoroughly enjoyed.

When we knocked on the door and the kids all looked to see who it was, the little smiles and friendly looks were so fun. Banany's face was priceless. She was convinced I wasn't ever going to make an appearance as the Mystery Reader and was soooo happy to see she'd been duped. I've gotten to know a lot of the kids in her class through various things, so they were excited to see a familiar face.

I chose How the Grinch Stole Christmas...a family favorite.

So fun.

3 comments:

lil' mama said...

Cute idea. I bet Meaty loved it!

Hilary said...

You look pretty natural sitting there. Is there a teaching career in the future for you?!

Sally said...

Such a fun idea