Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random Update

Just a random update. Apparently, I can't be bothered to separate this into individual posts about various events. Take what you can get, people.

Volleyball with Banany
We signed the Bananz up for volleyball with some friends from church. She hadn't played before and she really got the hang of it fast. It was fun to watch her just be naturally good at something the first time!  I hope she wants to stick with it...it was a really fun experience for all of us!  The session was really organized and taught basic skills, but was low pressure. Perfect for my perfectionist.  



She was a great server!


In basketball, the "good game line" was her favorite part. While still a highlight, I think she may have actually enjoyed playing the sport just as much.


The yellow team at the end of the tournament. They kept score, just to go through the motions, but the teams weren't ranked and everyone got a medal.

Mother's Day
We went to church, a fancy car wash (not necessarily on my dreamy-Mother's Day list, but had some time to kill), out for lunch, and bought flowers for my hanging baskets and garden. Then, mama planted the rest of the day.


Love these two who made a mother out of me.

Bike Riding
Meaty learned to ride his bike without training wheels when he was four. He just "got it" early on and is getting a little bored with plain ol' riding. He has learned the art of "the skid", likes to try to pop wheelies, LOVES to ride "off road" in dirt and down bumpy hills. He cannot go fast enough and has recently started to get into the idea of motocross and professional dirt biking. Be still my heart. I can barely watch now...



Setting up...


Up on his pegs.
What next...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Get that boy a ramp!

lil' mama said...

Cool tricks Meaty! I would love to see Bananz at a volleyball game :) Fun!

Hilary said...

I can't believe M is doing that on his bike! Adam still won't give up his training wheels!!!