Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our Biggest News

Oh, a blog update? What?
Kelly, these are just for you since I'm pretty sure you're the only one who ever comes back to check to see if I've gotten around to another blog post.
 
 
Our biggest news lately is the Meatball had his tonsils and adenoids out and tubes put in a couple of weeks ago. He's had chronic stuffiness and plenty 'o infections, and the last straw was "significant" hearing loss as determined by the ENT.
 
 
 
Right before surgery. Poor boy...had no idea what he was in for.



 
Right after surgery and pretty doped up.
 
 
 
Still doped up, so fairly "comfortably" eating a Popsicle.

 
Right before we went home. He was diggin' that wheelchair.
 
 
It got a lot worse before it got better. We had 9-10 days of pretty stinking awful...and that was without any complications or setbacks. He is a tough kid and it was horrible...horrible...to see him in excruciating pain.  But, on about day 9 or 10, a flip switched and he was a new boy. He has healed up beautifully and says he can hear so much better. His voice is a little different and he's making up for all that eating he didn't do...

6 comments:

lil' mama said...

Woooohooo! New posts! I thought you gave up on blogging. Glad Meaty is doing so much better!

Heather said...

poor kid! I bet crying only made it worse!! Glad he'd doing better!

Bono said...

Yessssss! Vivi is back. We miss them a lot. Love Bono and Family

Bono said...

P.S. Glad M is doing better. Can't believe Bananz will be 9 next week.

Buckman Family said...

Poor baby! I feel your pain Tyler had all that done when he was about 8 yers old. it is not fun at all and hard to see them in pain. Glad he is doing good!
Nice to see your blog updates and whats happening in your life.. I have been soo bad need to play catch up.

Hilary said...

Seriously...it only took me a month to see you had blogged again. Glad the surgery and recovery are behind you!