I plan to get the kids to the pool and beach plenty this summer, but I need some suggestions for water activities to do with the kids this summer at home. I know you guys have some good ideas or have opinions on what water toys out there are and are not worth getting. Here are some initial thoughts to get you started...
- We've got a little blow up pool, but Banany especially is outgrowing it. Plus it takes forever and a day to be a smidgen warmer than icewater.
- The kids have a couple of squirtguns each...little, huge, animals, etc.
- We've got an old Backyardigans sprinkler
- Buckets and paintbrushes to "paint" things with water, but they seem to bored with that pretty quickly and before I know it, Meaty is using his paintbrush as a weapon.
- Had a slip and slide last year but it ripped after about the fourth slide down.
So...whatcha' think?

3 comments:
sponge fight. Still one of the best ideas I've ever seen! A 5 gallon bucket and a couple of packages of sponges per kid. Reusable and fun~
Target has good cheap water toys and I'm sure some fun "game" like activities. Also look on Amazon.com, they usually have summer ideas and toys. Hope this helps.
we spent the money on a bigger kiddie pool and it was a huge hit. the little blow up pools are only good for so long. i think toys r us has larger, plastic pools. my kids spent hours in that thing, not really swimming since the water only comes up to their shins but playing with eachother and all the utensils from the kitchen, etc. they would kill hours out there. we'd fill it up and let it sit in the sun and keep the water in it for a few days.
Post a Comment