I was waking him up from his nap when I saw the firetruck pull up. I quickly brought him to the window to check it out and asked him if he wanted to go outside and check it out. He insisted on wearing his firefighter jacket, but refused the hat because he didn't like the way it fit. Frantically, he looked for a different hat. I lifted him back up to the window to show him that not all firefighters wear their helmets all the time (thank goodness one of them had a baseball cap on). I grabbed his San Diego Chargers cap, and he said, "No Mom, I want a BASEBALL cap." I run to J's closet to get a baseball cap.
We get outside, not knowing how long they'll stay, and Meaty is standing in the lawn for about 10 seconds when the cap wearing firefighter waves him over. So we got to head over and stand just feet from the truck, talk to the firefighter who was waiting with tattoos for us. Gotta love it.


5 comments:
precious pictures...
Love it. I should have told you that they had safety day at lifetime today. Dylan had to wear his fire fighter gear there as well.
We can't go any where with out some kind of outfit on.
Thos are great pictures!
Adorable.
So cute, but you should tell Meaty that firefighters wear pants
I love the fact the fireman took the time to wave you guys on over!
Post a Comment