I make banana bread for Banany quite a bit, so was excited when I found this subtle twist on an already good recipe. Butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips! Great concept...had to try it! I tweaked the recipe to cut down on the sugar and butter just a tad and substituted some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat. The original recipe calls for pecans too, which I bet would be great...just not at our house. I'll definitely make this one again!
Banana Butterscotch Bread
adapted from Cookie Madness
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tbl applesauce
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan and dust with flour (I used cocoa powder instead). You may want to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper as the bread is a little sticky.
Mix together the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
In bowl of stand mixer, beat the sugar, butter and egg. Beat in the bananas, followed by the vanilla and the milk. Stir in the butterscotch morsels and bake for 1 hour. After 45 minutes, lay a sheet of foil over the bread to prevent over-browning. Let bread cool in pan on a rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pan.


No comments:
Post a Comment