She picked out her outfit today and LU-HUVED what she was wearing.
I caught her looking at herself a few times in the mirror. And while I do not want to teach vanity, there is definitely something to be said for feeling good about the way you look. I loved sending her to school knowing that she felt like a million bucks.
I can't believe they were both big enough to go to school!
Where has the time gone?!?
Mr. Ho-Hum
Joe Cool in front of his classroom.
J went into work late so we could both take the kids to school today. Banany started 15 minutes before Meaty so we had plenty of time to get her to her room and head to his room. She gave a quick hug and kiss, headed in and never looked back. We didn't linger, which made me kind of sad, but it was good for both of us.
Meaty stated several times that he was nervous. He was kind of quiet, but never teary. We stuck around a little longer with him so he would be comfortable and the hub-bub of lots of parents doing drop off settled down. He gave hugs and kisses and we were off.
When I picked him up, he pretty much dissed the teacher giving high fives and told me he doesn't want to go back on Thursday. However, over lunch he proceeded to tell me all the fun things they did...I think he'll go back.
Banany got dropped off by one of our carpool partners and said her day was, "Awesome." She gave me lots of details (oh thank you, thank you, thank you) and seemed to transition much better to day one of 1st grade than day one of kindergarten.
I'm sure we won't have smooth sailing non-stop, but it was a great start!


3 comments:
So cute! I'm glad their first day went well!
Very sweet! Glad the first day went well for both of them!
The years will go by faster and faster now that they're both in school! Hang on...
Post a Comment