Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grrrr...

Super crabby tonight.

Talked myself out of having a glass of wine at 4:00 this afternoon.

I've dug through the garbage twice in the past 5 days looking for things that I threw away.

Frustrated with the neighborhood bully girl who bullied Banany at recess. But equally proud of my girl for sticking up for herself and telling the other girl not to talk to her like that.

Frustrated with myself for getting mixed up with the 4-day rotation (4 day, not 5, thanks to budget cuts) of school "specialties" (i.e. phy ed, art, library, music) and sending poor Bananz to school on phy ed day in sandals...only to have the phy ed teacher "get sassy" (her words, not mine) with her about not having tennis shoes on. Cram it, phy ed teacher. Give us 3 days to get this down, huh? And P.S. leave my 6 year old alone. Take it up with me.

Grossed out by fruit flies in my house.

I feel like a chunky monkey and it's all my fault for eating like one. Bummed out that we'll probably have to drop our club membership, which is a great exercise motivator for me...and I love it. Boo hoo, I know.

Tired of 4 year old tantrums.

Mad at myself for losing patience during 4 year old tantrums.

I'm tired and my house is dirty. And I don't mean I need to wipe my kitchen table. I mean I can write my name in dust on my furniture. I could make a meal of the crumbs on the refrigerator shelf. I could host a garage sale with all the clutter on my dresser. I could recreate a tree with the papers on my center island.

I want to sit on my couch and feel sorry for myself.

4 comments:

jaxcart said...

It's something in the air - I'm right there with you!

cathy said...

uh... did you read my post yesterday? it's gotten so bad at my house i'm not even motivated to do anything about it. i hear you. too bad you can't come over for drinks at 10am this morning.

Young Adventures... said...

Ohhh Viv's!!! I think the begining of the school year is always rough, and everything seems to fall apart all at once with the transition from carefree summer to structured school year. We have been dealing with that over here, and I'm sure many other families have as well. You are not alone!! You are an amazing, beautiful woman! Don't let yourself think any different. Have that glass of wine read your favorite magazine and put your feet up. Remember to cast your cares on Him. :)

Buckman Family said...

Hang in there in my friend! Things will get better! I agree with Young Adventures - you are a wonderful, strong, beautiful woman, wife and mother!
Let's meet for that glass of wine!