This time I added roasted peanuts and orange and black sprinkles. I really liked the addition of the salty, crunchy peanuts, though the straight up popcorn is pretty darn good too.
Almond Bark Popcorn
About 10 cups of pre-popped popcorn
(you can pop your own, but be sure to remove any kernels!)1 package of white almond bark
roasted peanuts, mixed nuts, cereal, or pretzels, optional
sprinkles, optional
Pour the popcorn and optional additions into a large bowl. Melt the almond bark according to package directions (usually, 30 seconds-1 minute in the microwave) and pour over the popcorn. Stir gently to coat thoroughly and pour out onto wax paper or a cookie sheet. Now is the time to sprinkle if you are adding those. Make sure the popcorn is in one layer to dry. Once dry, break apart enough to store in a covered container. I used a 12.5 oz bag of prepopped popcorn, 2 packages of almond bark and one jar of roasted peanuts on my last batch.

1 comment:
Coincidence! I hadn't seen this post when I called you to verify the recipe. Made a batch tonight to bring to school tomorrow.
Post a Comment