Friday, November 11, 2011

Bubble Up Enchiladas

I don't even remember where I initially saw this recipe, but apparently, it's origin lies somewhere with Weight Watchers. It was so fast and easy to throw together, it's definitely a keeper. It's fun because the biscuits really do "bubble up" to the top of the dish. Yeah, super fun. So...I'm easily entertained.

I did not include taco seasoning in this when I made it, but I definitely would include it next time. The dish needed just a bit more flavor. I did add a can of black beans and I would possibly throw in some other things as well...you could do onions, garlic, jalapenos (canned or fresh), green chilies, corn...you can tweak this one to your liking. Easy! You can also halve this and do just an 8x8 pan, or make the whole thing but freeze one 8x8 and eat one. So many options, people.



Bubble Up Enchiladas
an old Weight Watchers recipe?
Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey (obviously, beef would be fine too)
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
Taco seasoning, optional (I'd definitely include this)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole (9x13) and bake for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

cathy said...

I love that you're easily entertained :)