I think I've mentioned these a time or two, without posting the recipe. I found these as a result of J and I going on a diet several months ago. We do a modified version of the Body for Life and I found these on their website. They've since become a regular at our house. They've got tons of flavor. We wrap them in lettuce, rather than a bun, to skip the extra carbs, but obviously, they'd be great eaten as a burger on a bun!
Asian Turkey Burgers
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts
3 tbl finely chopped parsley
2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 tbl minced green pepper
1 tbl soy sauce
2 tsp grated, peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and shape into patties (I get 6 patties out of this). Try not to overwork the meat. Spray a skillet with cooking spray over medium high heat. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
I also put a little bit of teryaki sauce (just bottled stuff) on the top of the burger and serve it with brown rice and veggies. These are great leftovers too!

2 comments:
Yum, I will be trying that. Lynne has a good one that you can use Peanut sauce on. MMMM...
Ok, Here is another Dear Vivi,
My kids are taking their lunch a few days a week. One doesn't eat sandwiches, so I have to make a wrap. That isn't a problem, it is coming up with new ideas for lunch. We have also done meat, cheese and crackers, and I did get each of them a thermos bowl for soups etc. I will be making the chicken noodle this week.
Any other fun ideas???
Glad you guys had a good trip. Your pictures were fun to look at.
Kari,
I'm on it!
Post a Comment