Sunday, April 17, 2011

Butterscotch Pudding Cake

My sister-in-law recently talked about this dessert that her mom made for her while she was visiting and obviously making divine things to eat. The recipe sounded so much like one of my all-time favorite desserts, except in butterscotch, that I knew it would be a very short matter of time before I tried it. I made sure I had all the ingredients on hand so I could pull the trigger when I wanted this...and this was our lucky weekend.

Oh heavenly. It is totally the blond child to my brunette child. And like any good mother, I love them equally.

Well, if I were to eat my children. 

Which I don't.

But I would if this were them.


Butterscotch Pudding Cake
adapted just slightly from the AR Gazette via Katy's mom :)
1 cup all purpose flour
1pkg cook & serve butterscotch pudding
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs used butter (original calls for 2 tbs of canola oil)
1tbs vanilla extract
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Topping:
3 tbs butterscotch sauce (like ice cream topping)
1/2 cup sugar (I used ½ white, ½ brown, original called for all white)
1 1/3 cups boiling water
whipped cream

Coat slow cooker with cooking spray
Whisk flour, pudding, sugar, baking powder & salt
Add milk, oil and vanilla
Stir in chips
Pour in slower cooker
In another bowl stir butterscotch sauce, sugar and boiling water
Slowly pour over batter in slow cooker
Cover and cook on high 2 1/2 hours
Let stand at last 20 minutes on off (Oops, just saw that now. We didn't wait!)

Serve with cool whip and butterscotch sauce (we ate with vanilla ice cream)

1 comment:

Heather said...

we tried this too-my complaint is that it doesn't make very much! Seemed like a small amount in the bottom of my crock-pot. Delish!