Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Break

Banany and Meaty were on spring break this week. We didn't have any travel plans. None. Not even two hours away. Nothing. Did I mention just about everyone we know went somewhere?  I decided we'd do one activity every day. That actually made it more fun. It was fun for me to come up with stuff to do and it gave the kids something to look forward to.

It wasn't exactly tropical, but we had a fun week.


 Indoor Playground.
We were there for three hours!

 Ice skating - Meaty's first time. He did awesome!
Good thing we got him a hockey helmet for Christmas last year.

 Taking a short break on the wall for a picture.
Banany skated non-stop. She's gotten really good since improving her rollerblading skills!
Mom, on the other hand...

 Pretending to be the leopard at the zoo.

A very active leopard!
Really...it was very entertaining. Lots of low growly sounding noises...pretty cool!

Bowling!
J took a half day off and we took the kids to McD's playland and then bowling. We had some friendly wagers going...boys versus girls. J versus me.
Shoot, I forgot to take a picture of me giving J a backrub Friday night and him sleeping in on Saturday morning.  Guess who lost?

I didn't take any pictures of the day that our activity was playing with cousins...oops! But that was fun too!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Fun, Fun Spring Break, shows what a little creativity will do. making Memories!!

Hilary said...

I agree with mom. Even though as adults we'd love to be doing tropical vacations, for the kids, simply spending quality time together is good enough! Looks like they had a great time!

cathy said...

Sometimes these kinds of vacations are the best. We've done lots of them. I love all the pics!!!!