Buffalo Blue Cheese Meatloaf
adapted slightly from The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook
Olive Oil Spray
2/3 cup Old-Fashioned Oats (I actually tried wasa crackers this time)
1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
2 1/2 tbsp Buffalo Wing Sauce (or more to taste)
1 pound ground Chicken or Turkey (I used turkey)
1/2 cup Finely Chopped Celery
1/4 cup Shredded Carrots
1/4 cup Finely Chopped Sweet Onions
2 lg Egg Whites (lightly beaten)
1/4 tsp salt
2 oz Crumbled reduced-fat Blue Cheese
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Lightly mist 9x5 loaf pan (I used a larger baking dish) with Olive Oil Spray
Combine Oats and milk in medium mixing bowl and stir to mix. Let stand for 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften.
Stir in the wing sauce until well mixed.
Add the turkey, celery, carrot, onion, egg whites and salt. With fork or clean hands, mix the ingredients well.
Add the blue cheese and gently mix to combine.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread so that the top is flat. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the turkey is completely cooked through and no longer pink.
4 cups cooked whole-wheat pasta (approx. 7 oz dry) (I used Barilla Plus)
1/2 onion diced
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup (8 oz.) non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 tsp garlic powder or more to taste
1/2 tsp ground mustard
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper (additional pepper to taste)
Optional Topping:
2 tablespoons of Panko (or breadcrumbs), lightly seasoned (I used oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper)
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter of your choice (I used Country Crock)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions in a pan and set aside (or, you can throw them in with the pasta for about the last 5 minutes of cooking time, just enough to soften them). Make pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, mix ingredients together, then add cooked pasta and onions, and mix together. Pour into pan, cover with pepper to taste. If desired, melt butter and mix with panko/breadcrumbs and Parmesan and sprinkle over pasta. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until it’s starting to brown slightly the edges are bubbling. |

4 comments:
I never tire of any of your recipes. Did your kids like the meatloaf? I'd love to give this a try for my family, but I'm wondering if the flavors would throw my uber-sensitive offspring's tastebuds.
This sounds yummy, anything with blue cheese sounds yummy
Yummmm. Both sound so good! I know the meatloaf would be a hit with a certain child in my house since it has some kick to it.
Meaty loves Meatloaf, not sure if he tried this one though (Bananz and I were at swimming lessons). One option could be to completely do the hot sauce on the side?
Post a Comment