Time to go....tent camping.
I know plenty of reasonable, normal people take their kids tent camping all the time. Even over and over again. But we had not gone down that road yet.
J likes to go pretty rustic when he camps...me, well, not so much. However, I definitely agree that "neighbors" while camping is not what makes it fun. We agreed to go to a campground that had cart-in sites. The deal is that you load all of your stuff, including water, onto a cart that is much to small to hold all of your stuff, thus making you quickly realize you will need to make a few trips. In return, you get a neighbor-free, car-free, peaceful, secluded campsite.
Trip number 1.
Heading down the path a 1/2 mile to our campsite.
The kids were troopers and carried their own bags. Banany even wanted to roll a cooler.
For the record, it took us 3 cart trips to bring all of our stuff.
Still walkin' on that path. Dang, we should have packed a little lighter.
Good thing Meaty brought his sword to fight off the bad guys in the woods.
Heading down into our campsite.
Ahhh...no neighbors. Perfect.
Wait. Is that highway noise I hear?
More on that later. Just enjoy the view for now.
Our campsite overlooking the world's second largest lake (I had to look that up).
In case you're wondering, the world's largest lake is the salty Caspian Sea (so I guess we were at the world's largest freshwater lake).
Stay tuned...more to come...

1 comment:
Very pretty! I love the shot of the kids hauling their stuff!
Post a Comment