Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas visitor

So...working backwards....

So the day after Christmas, J, who was on call for work got a phone call on his work phone, came running downstairs and told me he had to go into work. He said the person who was there was puking in his garbage can and the person coming in for him couldn't get there immediately. Due to contractual issues, they needed someone to physically be there at all times and he was that someone. I told him to bring a ginger ale for the sick guy (he didn't) and off he went.

Less than an hour later, he called me to tell me he was on his way home. He was surprisingly chipper for having to go into work on his day off, which I mentioned. He simply said, "I've got the Christmas spirit." 

Yep, still not suspicious.

He walks into the house and a woman walks up to Banany who was playing on her new udraw and I'm thinking, "Hmm. That's Heather (my older sister who lives out of state)." 

Well well.

Those two pulled it off and she surprised the whole family with an impromptu visit. Unfortunately, her family couldn't/didn't come, but that made it kind of special to just hang out with her, and Banany especially enjoyed some one-on-one auntie time.  We got to do some shopping, hang out, enjoy having an extra adult on hand, and had some good laughs, as usual, when she is around.

P.S. Do you know anyone who wants to sell a bridge? I'm looking for one.  UPDATE: Don't know the story? Check it out here.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Still cracks me up how you gave Jas the 3rd degree on the way home and after lying for 6 minutes he had to roll down the windows bc he was sweating!

Loved the visit, the sleepovers in the top bunk, and hanging out!

lil' mama said...

Great surprise! Nicely done J and Heather:)

C Love said...

I may be the only one that doesn't get it but what do you mean by bridge??

So fun your sister visited!