My brother-in-law literally just finished his first FULL marathon. People, that is 26.2 miles. I've been obsessively updating the results page waiting for his chip time to show up. He did it around 4:40ish (not sure of his exact chip time), just two days after his 41st birthday.
He ran for over four. hours. straight. I cannot even fathom.
B is the one who inspired me a few years ago to really start working out. He won the "Biggest Loser" contest at the school that he taught at, and it really lit a fire under me. He takes on new athletic feats every year...pretty cool. He's cheered me on a number of times (of course, cheering just a little louder for his wife!). I wish I could have been there this morning to see it myself! My sister brought the three boys (not including the almost-done-bun-in-the-oven) downtown this morning to cheer dad on!
I've gotten teary several times thinking about this accomplishment for him - way to go B!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well done Brian, and Hilary for being there with all of the little guys
Thanks for the kind words everyone! We knew you were all there in spirit! It was a fun, fun day! Blog and pix to come soon!
The Iowa contingent was tracking Brian's run online today too! What an amazing accomplishment!
Post a Comment