I found a recipe for kettle corn and have been waiting to make it because I love good kettle corn! Well, I was not disappointed.
I would have taken a picture. Of the empty bowl. With a few sad little seeds in the bottom. But that wouldn't really help you know or see how tasty this was. Just take my word for it, and if you like kettle corn, try it.
Kettle Corn
4 tbl canola or vegetable oil (I used canola and would try just a smidge less next time)
1/4 cup sugar (white makes classic kettle corn, while we've heard that brown gives you something more along the lines of caramel corn)
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
Salt
In a large saucepan, heat oil, salt and 3 kernels of popcorn over medium heat. Once all three kernels have popped, add the 1/2 cup of kernels and all of the sugar.
Continually swirl pan around, shake it, whatever, just keep it moving while kernels pop. When the popping slows, immediately remove pan from heat and dump popcorn into a bowl (several kernels will remain unpopped, but in our experience, it's waste a few kernels, or burn the whole kit and kaboodle).
Add salt right away.
Let cool, at least slightly, and dig in.

2 comments:
I love me a good kettle corn. A definite must try (if the kids weren't in bed I'd attempt it now!).
We usually only get kettle corn at the fair. This sounds yummy and pretty easy. I bet the kids will go bonkers over it! I will have to try it.
Post a Comment