When you're a kid, is there anything better than anticipating your birthday?!?! Banany was very excited about her upcoming birthday last week, but little did she know how much she'd be celebrating.
She was recognized at school first, bringing little treat bags for her classmates. Then, we had a birthday celebration on her actual birthday and surprised her by taking her and her cousin, M, to Chuck-E-Cheese.
Finally, the "real" party with her cousin, L, who was in town for Thanksgiving and turned six just two days after Banany. My whole side of the family, all 20 of us, were together for the girls' party and Thanksgiving. My sister and I decided it would be fun to do a "sleepover party" theme for the girls. Everyone, adults included, had to wear pajamas. The kids got a kick out of it and it was a lot of fun to do!
I think poor Banany was actually sick of her own birthday by the time it was all said and done.
Picture by Uncle Brian
Picture by Uncle Brian
Picture by Uncle Brian






4 comments:
You only turn 5 once, so hopefully she had fun with all the celebrations!
Ok Martha Stewart! What a great birthday! Seriously, what is with the gift bags for the classmates??? I guess that trumps my skittles that we brought for treats! : ) Now all the Mom's are freaking out about their kids b-days. (ok, maybe only I would) Loved the cake too!
It looks like Banany had a great
5th B-day!
I was going to make Scott a football cake, any meal ideas. Something I can shape into footballs or helmets?? : )
We were so happy to be apart of the festivities :) Loved seeing the Bananz party down with the cousins!
Kari - I'm no Martha Stewart or Vivi, but what about meatballs in the shape of footballs and then pipe tomato sauce on for the laces or strings. Okay I'm totally cracking myself up at what I just wrote. It sounds good in my mind but I would never do this because I'm too lazy and it would turn out sloppy...but ask me in 5 years what I'm doing for C's b'day!
Please post pics of what you end up doing :) Good luck :)
Great idea, lil' mama! Kari, you could try googling Family Fun magazine and then search for "football" and you might find some cute ideas for a football themed party. I saw they had a video on football cupcakes that were kind of fun - maybe you could use some of the decorating ideas for your football cake?
Post a Comment