Of course I'd eaten them before, but I've never made a truffle. I'm sure there are some very complicated truffle recipes out there, but I've found a slew of easy ones. Christmas 2008 will be the year of the truffle at my house. I've got about 10 that I want to try. Is that overkill? I think not.
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark (I used a whole package of Candiquick vanilla flavored candy coating)
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration. (I usually eat mine before they make it to this stage.)
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!Makes about 36 truffles.
My notes: I read on Bakerella, the blog where I found these, that it works out well if you pop the uncoated balls into the freezer for a few minutes before you dip them in the white chocolate. Next time I do these, and there will be a next time, I'll dip the balls in the coating and them immediately sprinkle them with the crushed oreos (or whatever you want to sprinkle with). She also suggested that making these with mint oreos would be good too. By the way, these froze very well and were just as good frozen or thawed...a great "make ahead" holiday treat. Yum.
My notes: I read on Bakerella, the blog where I found these, that it works out well if you pop the uncoated balls into the freezer for a few minutes before you dip them in the white chocolate. Next time I do these, and there will be a next time, I'll dip the balls in the coating and them immediately sprinkle them with the crushed oreos (or whatever you want to sprinkle with). She also suggested that making these with mint oreos would be good too. By the way, these froze very well and were just as good frozen or thawed...a great "make ahead" holiday treat. Yum.

5 comments:
Humm might rival your brother in law's maple creams!!
I LOVE truffles! Will you have any left on Saturday? Maybe we should make some more:) yum yum yum!
Oh, so good! My sister has made these (only dipped in milk chocolate) and I'm tempted to try also, but I hate the dipping part! The mint oreos are a great idea - I'll have to give in and try. Sounds like a great treat for the next girls weekend!
Those look great! I will be trying them! The bread looks good too. Yeast scares me! I never make ANYTHING that has you using it. So I will go for it, since you recommend it. Thanks Vivi!
wow, what a beautiful sight.
Post a Comment