Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Day of Firsts

I can't believe our first day of kindergarten has arrived.




For the first time ever, Banany got out of her bed by herself this morning when she woke up (she ALWAYS waits for me to come get her). She knew it was her first day of school and she was so excited.


Another first, she asked for scrambled eggs for breakfast.


She put on a fancy outfit to start our day this morning. And, brought it out for an encore later to run to Target...along with some fluorescent water sandals.



The skirt was actually an afterthought.

I had to remind her that tights are, in fact, meant to be covered by something.


She quickly moved into her face making routine.



The famous Banany pose.



My sweet girl.

Posing on the porch with friends (Sadie, in the red, is in her class).



Right before we walked to school.




Headed down to the kindergarten pod for the first time.
At this point, it was mom-schmom.


Leaving her backpack in her locker for the first time.


Finding her name place at the table for the first time.


Let's get these parents out of here and get started.

Waving good-bye.
When I picked her up, she said, "Mom, kindergarten is awesome." She had some down time when we got home and then went up to her room, which she often does when she needs to chill. I got near teary a few times today, but didn't actually cry until I saw this tonight at 5:00.

My first cry of the day.
Fast asleep at 5:00 after a busy first day of school.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Great pictures Holly. I am glad to hear that she had a great 1st day of Kindergarten. You didn't cry until 5:00??? Wow! That is impressive. I think I cried the whole day when we started Kindergarten.
Of course I teared today...that is another 1st issue. : )

Young Adventures... said...

So sweet!

Hilary said...

I can relate to wanting to crash a dinner time! Whew....1st days are crazy for everyone. Glad it was a good one for all of you!

lil' mama said...

totally teary eyed! Very sweet! Give your big kindie a hug from us:)

C Love said...

What a great first day! Yea!

Bono said...

Well done Banany on her first day. Well done Viv for being strong till 5pm. Our lil man starts preschool next Tuesday and I'm pretty sure I won't cry...but I gotta go now, I have something in my eye. :(....

maxandpidge said...

Oh Hol. So sweet, I also cried. Happy first day of kindergarten!