Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meeting Mrs. M

Meaty strikes a pose before heading off to preschool orientation


Yesterday was Meaty's turn to meet his preschool teacher. As we were leaving, he asked me, "Is she nice?" I said, "Oh yes." Then he said, "Is she the mean one?"

Are there mean preschool teachers?

We've decided to proceed with his one-day-a-week class, in spite of the fact that we are not even close to being fully potty trained. We're working on it...I'd give us a C-... and Mrs. M said she'd work with us. At this point, I'd give us a 50-50 chance of going all year. He is not terribly motivated and I'm not going to battle it out with him if he's not ready. So, we'll take it one week at a time and hope we don't get the boot.

Whizzing aside, he seemed to really like the idea of school and went right over and started playing with the other kids. I think he'll really enjoy it and, who knows, maybe peer pressure will play in our favor this time!

No comments: