Pancake?
Who wants a pancake,
Sweet and piping hot?
Good little Grace looks up and says,
"I'll take the one on top."
Who else wants a pancake,
Fresh off the griddle?
Terrible Theresa smiles and says,
"I'll take the one in the middle."
Where the Sidewalk Ends
by Shel Siverstein
by Shel Siverstein
Pumpkin Pancakes
adapted from allrecipes.com
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or applesauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
DIRECTIONS
In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
My notes: I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose. I also substituted 2 tbl of applesauce for the 2 tbl of oil. This batter is very thick - I spread it out a little with a knife after I poured it onto the griddle.

2 comments:
oh yum! I guess I know what is for breakfast this weekend.
Have you tried the pumpkin cookies yet? I have been sick for 2 days. Why can't I just eat 1 or even 2 for that matter. Scott even loves them and he isn't a big pumpkin guy.
thanks for another pumpkin idea! Can't wait to try it.
These look awesome! I love pumpkin stuff. I just made some pumpkin choc chip muffins the other day and about ate the whole batch myself! Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment