Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm Obsessed

















I officially have a hobby that I am obsessed with. Cooking, cookbooks, cooking shows, cooking magazines, cooking websites. You name it. You'll likely see a lot of posts that mention something cooking related.


I always wanted a hobby, but never really had one. I don't scrapbook. I don't sew or draw. I like photography, but am not very good at it and don't do it often enough to call it a hobby. But cooking...it is what I like to do in my spare time. It works out nicely because it's something I can do at home since this is where I am most of the time.


I've got a recent fascination with muffins. I am not a baker because it requires too much precision and I'm not one for details. But muffins are quite forgiving and there are literally hundreds of different kinds you can make that are really easy. Most also freeze really well. I'll pull two out of the freezer for Banany in the evening, pop them in a tupperware....and ta-da...breakfast in the morning.


I just finished making Mexacali Corn Muffins to go with some chili next week, and Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins for breakfast or a treat. Both are from a book I checked out at the library, The Complete Muffin Cookbook. There are at least a dozen more recipies I'd like to try from this book, but perhaps I should space it out a little?


On a different note, Meatball slept last night. 8pm to 7:30am. Ahhhh....

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

That's great that Meatball slept! Good boy! Vivi, I made your scones the other night. De-lish.

Hilary said...

I hadn't ever thought of making muffins and freezing them...good ideas! Pass along any yummy recipes!