Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation Part V: Exploring














We woke up to a stunningly beautiful morning. Perfectly blue skies and maybe 75 degrees. Banany and Dad woke up around 7am. They had breakfast and went out to explore our options for things to do today. Meatball and I slept in a little bit - I finally woke him at 10am.
We decided to pack a lunch and head for the mountain tram. We road the tram to the top of the mountain and did a short hike to an observation deck. Meatball was a little nervous on the ride, but didn't freak out. Banany loved it. The view along the way and then at the top was amazing - I can only imagine how breathtaking the same view would be in the fall. We hiked back to the chalet and ate lunch on their outside deck.










After a tram ride back down the mountain, we were all pretty warm and decided to head for the outdoor pool. We all cooled off with a nice swim before coming back to our place for naps.










It's easy to blog while on this kind of vacation. There's free wi-fi access in our place, the kids are sleeping. I'm sitting in a comfy chair with the laptop listening to the leaves blowing outside and the sound of the river below.

4 comments:

lil' mama said...

How long are you guys up there? Why aren't you napping???

Hilary said...

I first read the post that the boy slept until 10:00 and thought, "Holy Cow! Why did they let him sleep so long?" Then I read the post about his sleep last night. Poor guy...and you!! Hopefully tonight will be a little better.

Heather said...

So probably tonight you and Jas will switch rooms and kids. Then, because of a completely AWESOME nap, Banany will be up all night. Just for you.

Sally said...

I knew I should have come with you!

Reserve 5 cabins for the next Smith reunion.

Thanks for blogging..I don't have to wait until you get back for the details