Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation Part III: Gettin' wet




After getting unpacked, we grabbed some food (we had the Mexicali corn muffins that I tried last week with chili...they were taaaaasty!) and headed out to scope out the place.
We came prepared with pretty much everything we'd need except milk. We tried to go to the little store here, but it was closed. The only downside to coming in off season...limited hours on certain amenities. Fortunately, there is a full grocery store a mile away, so we were fine. We then headed over to check out the little playground, heated outdoor pool, and indoor pool.

Banany was dying to swim, so we all took a little "dip" as my dad used to say. Both kids loved the water and we all had a great time. As we were getting ready to leave, there was a massive downpour of rain...we're talking sheets! The kids got a kick out of getting even more soaked, even though we were already wet from swimming.

The kids were exhausted after a long, busy day. I'm really impressed with how well they've both held up today. Banany went down for bed no problem. Meatball wasn't quite so sure about his sleeping quarters, but went down without too much fuss. Daddio will sleep in Banany's room with her and I'll sleep in the Meatball's room. Divide and conquer. Knock on wood, we all sleep like big ol' bears tonight.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks quiet and pretty! Hope you guys have great time. They must also have wireless connections or else an internet cafe???

lil' mama said...

Seriously. I love the fact that you are blogging WHILE on vacation!!! You are a true blogger!!! Looks so fun, relaxing, great family digs. Keep the updates comin'!

Hilary said...

Brian and I were wondering how you guys were doing. Glad you're keeping us posted, although I feel a bit like a voyeur as I watch you on vacation.

Glad Day 1 went well...

Hilary said...

Wait...was I supposed to feed the cats THIS week??





j/k