Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Wheels


Our family's got some new wheels going on this weekend.
Meatball got a new bike from some friends of ours. He's just a little too small for it just yet, but I'm sure we'll practice sitting on it lots (and will be sure to snap some pics)! Had we not gotten this perfect little boys bike, our masculine little meatball would have had to begin his bike riding career on the sparkly purple "lil puddin'" hand-me-down. Thanks Drew and Owen!
Banany decided she wanted to try riding her old bike, the aforementioned lil' puddin', without training wheels. Dad was willing to take the training wheels off and run next to her...and she actually did great! She was a little nervous about tipping, and the whole time she was riding was very concerned that Dad was close by in case she fell. He was, but she didn't! Oh, and the picture. He doesn't normally run like this...he just wanted to show Banany was riding without any help.
Thankfully our van lease was up just in time to appease Dad's addiction to trading in our cars. We got a call from the car dealer on Saturday, offering us a good deal on a new lease. Mr. Car went to check it out and came home with a new car less than 2 hours later. It looks an awful lot like our previous van, but does offer a few new bells and whistles. He spent the evening tinkering with it and when I peaked out in the garage around 10pm, he was sitting in the front seat enjoying the DVD, watching "Lord of the Rings" and gave me a big thumbs up. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to the automatic trunk popper-upper thingy. The rest, I don't care about. Open my trunk for me, I'm a happy lady.
Wow. That's pathetic.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ah,no, you're driving a mini-van. Now that's pathetic. : )

Heather said...

No, it's pathetic that Jason has (I mean, WANTS) to go out to watch his movies in the van.