Banany lost her first tooth on Friday night and her second tooth on Sunday night. She's had two serious wobblers for quite some time now and her adult teeth had already popped through and were lined up in row #2.
On Friday night, she asked J to pull her tooth for her. Not missing the chance to use his leatherman tool, he gripped right onto that little tooth and it popped right out. The Tooth Fairy, who is much more stealth-like than his wife, snuck into her room and put $1 in her tooth box. She woke up early Saturday morning and the first thing she said to me when I opened her door was, "Can Dad pull my other tooth now?" It wasn't quite ready to come out, so we told her we'd try pulling it again in a day or two. With her new dollar in hand, she picked out a Madagascar coloring book from the dollar bins at Target.
Within two hours of getting home from Target on Sunday night, she and I were sitting in a chair watching a show when she said, "Here, Mom" and handed me tooth #2. Apparently the novelty of tooth-losing had already worn off. I suppose I could have just handed her a dollar then and there, but decided to give the Tooth Fairy another chance to showcase his skills.
Tooth #2 is the snaggle-tooth in the middle there.

8 comments:
Wow. I am so not ready for this!
Cute!
I always hated when kids showed me their wiggly loose teeth. Seriously grossed me out.
Wow what a weekend! Leah was having trouble eating Sat a.m. b/c her tooth was so loose. She was crying, so Torrey tried to cheer her up by saying "I have a loose tooth too, see?" and when she wiggled hers, it popped right out. Leah got the courage to work on hers, and lost it a few minutes later.
4 cousin teeth in a weekend!
What a great start to your tooth-loss experiences. Banany must be so happy!
Ummm, I have this wart, and you have a spinning pumice stone. Should I try to make an appointment?
Matt can't WAIT to lose a tooth. Now that Bananz has lost some, he's talking about it even more!
Yeah. I have failed at the toothfairy thing. The last time nelson lost a tooth, the toothfairy sort of fell asleep on the job. So the poor kid comes running in our bedroom, "Mom, the toothfairy didn't come!" I realize what happened. "Let me go look," I say (as I secretly grab a dollar off the dresser). I start looking around his bed, drop the dollar, and then pretend to find it. "Oh! Here it is! It must have fallen out from under your pillow while you were sleeping!"
Whew. Got through that one. What a loser I am.
Post a Comment