Monday, March 28, 2011

My Monet

Banany just finished a trimester and brought home a great report card. Frankly, she does not concern us academically at this point - she's bright and well-behaved. But I was most surprised and happy, to get a special note sent home from the art teacher.

Banany declared pretty early on that the art teacher was "sassy" which is her term for a crabby adult. This simultaneously broke my heart and ticked me off because no one loves art like the Bananz, and to hear her groan when she finds out it's a day to go to art was so sad.  It frustrated me that, just like a teacher has the potential to help a student learn to love a difficult subject, a teacher could also take away the love of a subject.

So, when she brought home a note from the art teacher last Thursday that said she was a "wonderful student" who's art "must be displayed on the walls at school", I was thrilled.

At least this sassy teacher knows a good egg when she gets one. 

Friday was the last day of school before spring break, so we popped in at the end of the day to take some pictures of Banany's displayed art, just in case they switch it up after the break.  She was so proud to show us her work and I hope it reignited a love for art at school.




A lesson in Monet's works. These were some really great paintings by all the kids.

She even made some reflections in the water.


Some kind of bear theme...this was her version of the assignment.



Way to go, Banany!

5 comments:

Sally said...

:( I can't see the pictures

cathy said...

i love kid art!

Buckman Family said...

That is awesome! You have a little artist on your hands!

C Love said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Unknown said...

Grandma loves to see her princess
drawings. I thought they were awesome!