Thursday, March 31, 2011

Edamammus

I'm still trying to get through some of the recipes I tagged in some cookbooks that I grabbed at the library. My mistake...grabbed too many!

We eat quite a bit of edamame around here and I love hummus, so this one was kind of a no-brainer. It's got a lot less oil than packaged hummus, so that was a bonus too.  I'd definitely make this again.



Edamammus
adapted slightly from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

8 oz cooked shelled edamame, cooled
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 medium cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used a little more)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt

Place edamame, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt in food processor. Process until mixture is paste-like and edamame is chopped (scrape down the sides if you need to).  With the food processor on, slowly drizzle in the oil through the top until mixed. Add the yogurt and process until just combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.

Per 1/4 cup serving of edammus (does not include chips):  66 calories, 5g protein, 6 g carbs, 3 g fat, 2 g fiber

My notes:  I did this in my blender since I have a little food processor. I needed to add a little bit of water to get it to actually blend. We added a little more salt than the recipe called for as well. I served this with Baked Lentil Chips with Sea Salt and Pepper - YUM.

1 comment:

Buckman Family said...

Sounds tasty! I', going to have to try the chips too from TJ's - yummy!