Roast of your choosing...I used a just under 3lb chuck roast
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can of cranberries with the whole berries
Put the roast in your slow cooker. Turn it on low. Mix the can of cranberries and onion soup mix (this may have been an extra, unnecessary step...you might be able to simply dump these in) and spread over the top of the roast.
I cooked this on low for about 8 hours. Lift the lid, shred with a couple of forks. Serve with mashed potatoes and/or on buns.
Maybe I've been missing out big time since I never make roasts with Lipton soup mix. But, the combo of the cranberries (don't worry if you think you don't like cranberries...this tastes nothing like them) and soup mix. Oh heavenly. Oh easy-peasy.

2 comments:
I almost always make a roast with Lipton Onion Soup mix. I've never tried it with the cranberries, but I think I will!
I've actually made this for years...mine has a little brown sugar and water in it too. I always serve it with Hash Brown Casserole (you know, the yummy brunch thing with hash browns, sour cream, cream of chick soup, cheese, minced onion)
The meat can also be pork loin-yum
Post a Comment