Thursday, October 30, 2008

Harvest Party

Today was Banany's Harvest Party at preschool. She was soooooo excited to actually wear her costume to school and got quite a kick out of the fact that no one had on "regular" clothes. Last year she went as a kimono dragon (thanks to a hand-me-down costume from her older, boy cousins)...so I was happy to send her this year looking like, well, a girl.

I volunteered in the room today and was on snack duty, where I passed out graham crackers, a glop of orange frosting, a Popsicle stick to spread it, and Halloween sprinkles...just in case the sugar content wasn't high enough.

The kids got to go to various stations and play volleyball (with a balloon), bowling, knocking cups over, craft time, Bingo (with Skittles), and snacks. Since Banany tells me virtually nothing about her day after school ("Mom, that's all I know. I'm done talking about this."), it was fun to see her in her environment and meet some of the kids she happens to mention now and then.


Belle in her costume before school.



Three princesses.

Banany with her teacher. How great is that costume?!?!


Banany with her "two best friends." So cute.



The whole class - they sat like champs while a few of us took pictures.

4 comments:

C Love said...

I think she looks beautiful! What fun to be able to volunteer and be part of the sugar party!

lil' mama said...

Bananz is a beauty! Did Vivi dress up for the harvest par-tay?

Vivi said...

No, Vivs did not dress up. And if she had, she would have been the only parent in costume!

Sally said...

So fun to see her enjoy being girlie