Sloppy Buffalo Joes
Adapted from Rachael Ray – Debbie Does Dinner Healthy
2 lbs. ground turkey
1 carrot, chopped or grated
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup hot sauce, I used Franks Wing Sauce
1/2 can tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken stock (or however much you need to get the right consistency)
Optional toppings: Blue cheese crumbles or pickles
Heat a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and break it up with wooden spoon, cook 5 to 6 minutes. Add in carrots, celery, onions and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cook 7 to 8 minutes more. In a bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and stock. Pour into the pan and stir to combine. Simmer a few minutes more. Pile sloppy Buffalo filling onto buns and top with blue cheese and chopped pickles.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Buffalo Sloppy Joes
Among the foods that I used to love to hate, were blue cheese and buffalo sauce. They now rank in the favorites column. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it....a simple twist on an easy, healthy weeknight meal. Indeed, it's a keeper. A great, spiced up alternative to traditional sloppy joes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Making this for dinner tonight. Brian is super excited. He is the buffalo king!! ;)
Post a Comment