Friday, June 25, 2010

Grilled Cabbage

Ever grilled cabbage before? It is quite tasty. I loved eating it this way for a change and was happy to discover this way to make it now that farmers' market season is here. A girl can only eat so much coleslaw and Italian Cabbage Casserole, so I'm diggin' this new idea.

Summer Grilled Cabbage
adapted from allrecipes.com


1 large head cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
8 teaspoons butter, optional
cayenne pepper, optional
olive oil, optional
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
ground black pepper to taste
Directions
1.Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
2.Cut pieces of foil big enough for each wedge and spray foil with Pam. Season each wedge to taste with garlic powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, pepper and olive oil and/or butter.
3.Wrap each wedge separately in it's own foil packet and place on the preheated grill; cook until cabbage is tender; 30-40 minutes.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Does Taco Bell serve it? That seems to be my food of choice lately.

petiteblogger said...

This looks really interesting. I may have to try it- did your kids eat it?

Young Adventures... said...

I will have to try that for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Vivi said...

petiteblogger,
It was interesting and tasty...but my kids wouldn't touch it.

blessedby6 said...

Love cabbage. Some of my kids do too. This recipe looks great. Usually I stick it in with my roast or steam it. Thanks for a new idea.