Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating Bargains

Just for fun, I took some pictures of a few of the Christmas decorations around my house. A few of us gals were talking at Thanksgiving, wishing someone would take all of our holiday decorations and decorate for us. We feel like we put the same things in the same places every year.

With that in mind, and no one to volunteering to come decorate for me, I tried to do some things differently this year. It also wouldn't hurt if I hit some after-Christmas sales and picked up a few new items for next year!

I was excited that I did happen to get some fun bargains last year...read on!

I came across this cool frame at my mom and dad's house (they weren't using it). I threw some ornaments in it and hung it on the wall for something different this year.
Free is a really good bargain!


I picked up this vase a few weeks ago because I liked the deep red color (and the price - waaaay discounted!). I just plopped a few pinecones in it and put it up on the mantel.


My sister gave me this wrought iron reindeer candle holder several years ago.
It's still one of my favorites.



After Meatball was born, we needed a set of four stocking holders.
We chose this wrought iron train set.

Our stockings. My mom has picked all four of these up at various times for us. She's found them at little boutique/fabric/yarn stores and I love them!


I like this wreath because I don't have to take it down immediately after Christmas!


We have a fake tree from years ago when we lived in an apartment. I kind of wanted to have a little "formal" tree in our front room since our real and informal tree is in our family room. So, Last year, I hit a few stores after the holidays for ornaments and tree decorations and got tons of stuff for SUPER cheap. For instance, the ball ornaments are from the Martha Stewart collection at Macy's (big whoop, but you pay for the name). They were originally $30 for the box of 15...I got them for $4. The lights were at Target for $0.15 a box. The little silver grapey looking things were at Michaels for $0.10. It's not going to make it into a magazine or anything, but I kind of like how it turned out!

I got these cute stockings from Garnet Hill last year. They have beautiful, but expensive stuff. Except at the end of the year...at which time they had insane bargains. They retailed for something like $40 and were on sale for $6.


The snowflake came from Target for $0.30 in an after-holiday clearance.



I wanted this little wreath in a different place this year, so I hung it on one of those temporary 3M hooks and I really like it on the door! It may go there again next year.
Anyone else get some great bargains last year after the holidays? Let's hear about it!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow I'm impressed!! Now you can be a cooking decorating blog

Hilary said...

Your house always looks so nice and put together for Christmas! Will you be my personal shopper and chef?