Sunday, December 21, 2008

Neighborhood Cookie Exchange

My sister, who lives a block away from me, had a neighborhood cookie exchange party the other night. She very bravely invited a bunch of ladies, several of whom she didn't know very well, all in the name of getting to know our neighbors and including everyone. Nearly everyone on the invite list was able to come and we had a wonderful time.

She decided to lighten it up and asked that everyone find, borrow, beg or steal the ugliest, tackiest, cheesiest Christmas duds they could get their hands on and wear it to the party. For those that didn't find something, well, Hil had extras! So just about everyone adorned some type of hideously cheesey outfit.

All of the treats exchanged are really yummy and the Christmasy threads were even better.


The black and white sweater was borrowed from a woman who, apparently, had a large collection of Christmas sweaters...that she wears for real. Hil, second from the left, wore a vest with sparkly cardinals. The green shirt had a Rudolph who's nose lit up when she moved. The snowman overalls, including the snowman on her butt, won the contest.

More neighbors and more corny apparel!

Hil scored the sweaters that I'm (far right) and the other gal on the far left (hers had some sweet shoulder pads to boot!) are wearing. Look at those beauties!! The Rudolph's nose lit up all night too! I actually had a tacky elf hat and an ornament necklace, but we decided that would distract the viewer from all the bling on my sweater.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Looks very similar to the post I just put up!

It was fun...thanks again for your help.

lil' mama said...

Deja vu. I read Hilary's and then read yours:)

Sally said...

Looks very fun. Any shots of the cookies or recipes??

Bono said...

Ok I'm so glad I read the information on the blog before I commented on the pics because I was getting ready to blast you and Hil and be like "Um...I know we are getting older but don't break out the bad Chritmas clothing just yet!" Looks like you all had a great time. Have a wonderful Christmas