3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds and toasted them first)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Grease a 9x9 inch cake pan (I didn't have this so I used an 8x11.5). Spread the chopped nuts evenly in the bottom of the pan. Over high heat, melt the sugar and butter in a medium saucepan until boiling. Lower the heat to medium and continue to boil for 7 minutes. Pour the sugar/butter mixture carefully and slowly into the pan over the nuts. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot mixture.
Place a cookie sheet over the pan to retain the heat and melt the chocolate chips (I let it sit about 5-10 minutes). If you want, spread the chocolate (I didn't). Cut into squares while hot, then refrigerate until the mixture hardens and break into smaller pieces.

1 comment:
You're killing me. Truly, you are. I still need to try the red velvet cake truffles AND the peanut butter rice krispies truffles, and now THIS!!!!
Post a Comment