Sunday, November 22, 2009

Buffalo Dip

This appetizer isn't super pretty, but boy is it good! A friend made it recently and I had to make it soon! If you dig buffalo sauce flavors, this is a great one to try.

Buffalo Wing Dip
3 cooked chicken breasts (or 2-3 10 oz. cans of chicken), shredded
2 cups Ranch dressing
2 - 8 oz bricks of cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Franks original red hot sauce
blue cheese crumbles, optional
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients, except for the blue cheese, together and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and serve with tortilla chips.
My notes: I used light Ranch dressing and light cream cheese. I'd like to try this without the chicken in it next time - just not sure I need it in there. I also sprinkled blue cheese over the tortilla chips and put them under the broiler until the cheese melted just a little bit.

1 comment:

Buckman Family said...

I have had this before and have been looking the the recipe! Thanks for posting it! It is yummy but not very pleasing to the eye. Have a wonderful thanksgiving!