Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More on the Diet

Here are some of the things I've been eating the last 11 days. Some of it better than others, but all in all, a really good menu. I was impressed with the variety of things I actually could eat.
Here are some sample menus (the recipes are all in the book). I'm not going to take the time to write out the recipes, but if something caught your eye and you want the recipe, let me know and I'd be happy to post it.
Day 1
Breakfast: Berry Smoothie
Lunch: Farmer's Market Salad with 2 tbl homemade dressing
Dinner: 4 oz lean meat rubbed with garlic, cumin, cayenne; 1 serving steamed broccoli, cauliflower and pea pods; 1 small baked sweet potato
Snack 1: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 cup fresh veggies
Snack 2: 1 homemade Flax Cracker, 1 cup Dandelion Root Tea, 1 small orange
Dandelion Root Tea...not as bad as it sounds.

Tangy Artichoke Salad

Spaghetti Squash Primavera


Double Berry Mini Flaxcakes

Ground Turkey Burger with Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions.

Smoothie. My saving grace for 11 days.


Veggie omelet.



Flax Berry Muffins. You know I like my muffins!



Homemade flax crackers.

5 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

Wow! Everything looks so good! How do you feel?

Kari said...

I agree, the food actually looks good. I am also curious about what you think about this. Is this a life time commitment? Cutting out the bad foods? Do you feel like you will be able to continue doing this?

lil' mama said...

The food looks yummy! What are you going to do now that it's holiday season????

Hilary said...

It's 10pm and I just ate 2 maple creams. Enough said about me!

Mrs. Cox said...

How much weight can I lose if I do this?