I rarely post a recipe without a picture, because I rarely choose a recipe without seeing a picture. But I completely forgot to snap one of this little delight...you'll just have to take my word for it.
Snow Pudding
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 cup white sugar
1 envelope (1 tbl) unflavored gelatin
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk (I used skim)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
2 cups heavy cream
In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, gelatin and salt. Mix in the milk. Stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved and clear. Remove from heat and chill until partially set. Stir once and add the vanilla. Fold in the coconut and heavy cream. Pour into serving dish (aka a plastic container at my house!) and chill until firm, about four hours.
My notes: I toasted the coconut, which I think added great flavor. The original recipe also suggests, and gives a recipe for, a raspberry sauce to put over the pudding. You can find it here too. I also think chocolate might not taste horrible either. This time I ate it plain, which was pretty darn good.

4 comments:
Loved it, loved it, loved it!
I want some. Yummmmmmm
Quick question: Is this really pudding or is it more like jello since it has gelatin? Just curious. Love pudding, can't stand jello.
CLove - 100% pudding.
Post a Comment