Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tradition

Annual tradition...day after Thanksgiving we go to a nearby tree farm and cut down our Christmas tree. Usually, my dad picks their tree so fast that he and my mom have it in the car long before everyone else. My brother-in-law looks for the perfect 9-footer and always takes that longest. J pretends to let me help pick one, but has no intention of going with one that I found first (a battle I gave up a few years ago...now I just enjoy the ride).

Banany took over camera duties for much of the day and I think she did a great job!


Meaty catching the Bananz in a bear hug.

Beginning our search.


Banany starts her photo shoot with a picture of dad and Meaty.

J hoisting our tree.

And he's off!








2 comments:

Kari said...

This is one of may favorite days of the year. I LOVE hunting for the tree. It is funny how picky the kids have gotten about the tree now too.
Happy Holidays!

Hilary said...

Maybe next year our family should leave an hour or two before the rest of you so we don't keep everyone waiting!