Just answering a few more of your questions about the diet...
Q: Do you think the 5-7 pounds will stay off, or was that a result of your body processing what you ate much better?
A: Good question...I guess time will tell. I honestly thought the pounds would immediately come back the day after the fast but they didn't. I'm hoping that if I eat "diet-like" during the week, but still have my "free weekend", the 5-7 will stay off. I managed my current weight before using this method...I'm just trying to stay at this slightly lower base now.
Q: Was it hard to make food for everyone else and eat differently yourself?
A: Not really. But I'm one of those people that makes a few variations of the meal anyways to accommodate my family. The kids often do not eat the exact same thing as J and I, so I usually am doing something different for them. J ate some of these meals with me, but I just made him a little extra something to go with it...like brown rice. I will admit though, he had Cinnamon Chex two nights in a row. :)
Q: I don't eat eggs. Can I still do this?
A: Many of the recipes do have eggs, but I think you could do it without. If you're willing to eat eggs in things (vs scrambled), you'd have a few more options too. If you don't eat the eggs, I'd for sure get the whey protein powder as a way to be able to do more of the recipes. For instance, you could skip the omelet and do a smoothie (which is made with the protein powder).
Q: Did you take the supplements she suggests, along with the diet?
A: I didn't. My primary reason for this was to keep the cost, which was already high, down a bit. I am curious about her supplements. the book even suggests taking her list of supplements to your natural food store and asking someone to help you put it together. Apparently, it can be done fairly inexpensively this way. Depending on the cost, the next time I do this, I may check into that.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Here's an extra credit question for you:
Can someone who eats a dessert after lunch and supper EVERY DAY go on the detox diet during the month of December?
Thank you for the tips, sister in law once removed! :) Food is prepped - we are starting on the Fat Flush version tomorrow.
Post a Comment