- I did try a lot of the recipes in the book. Most of them were quite good and I will make them again.
- Other than feeling hungry a few times and the mental game of not eating some of the "off-limits" foods, I felt great. Really great actually.
- I pretty much stuck with this diet hard core. I did cheat on the night of day 10 and had a small glass of chocolate wine (YUM YUM YUM), a few roasted almonds and a couple of chocolates.
- There was a ton of food prep.
- The most "unusual" things I bought and ate...whey protein powder, nutritional yeast flakes, milled flaxseed, pure cranberry juice, spaghetti squash, lots of artichoke hearts, dandelion root tea, Stevia
- Things I missed the most...creamer in my coffee, carbs-carbs-carbs (no bread/muffins/pasta/oatmeal...nothin!), chocolate, diet Coke
- I continued my regular workouts the entire 11 days, with the exception of the "fast day." But I purposely planned that for a Sunday, which is my day off anyways.
- Where do I go from here? I would like to incorporate a lot of this eating into my daily diet. I'm not a good, long-term dieter, so I wouldn't do this 100% for eternity.
But I do like to eat healthy most of the time and liked what these foods did for me. - J did not do the diet with me, but he did eat some of the meals with me, or some modified version (such as...his included more carbs or larger portions).
- The creator of this diet says she does this a few times a year. I don't think there would be anything unhealthy or dangerous about doing this as often as you wanted to. It's simply a strict diet of lots of veggies and healthy stuff and one fast day.
- If you're interested in this, I'd definitely get your hands on the book and read through why she wants you to do the things she does, so you can decide what and if certain suggestions are for you.
- Weight I lost: 5-7 pounds
- Was it easy? No. The food prep was time consuming and probably more expensive than what most people, including me, normally eat. It's also a diet. Most diets aren't really that fun.
- Would I do it again: Yes
Anything else you want to know? Just ask...

3 comments:
So where does that leave you now? Are you done? Do you continue to eat/drink the same diet? can you add things back? Are you suppose to do this maybe 2x's a year?
I will go back, but what is the diet and the name of the book again??
Very interesting.
Do you think the 5-7 pounds will stay off, or was that a result of your body processing what you ate much better.... Not that you NEED to lose an ounce, but I'm curious is those pounds stay off or come back once you have your muffins again. You have some serious willpower--was it hard to make food for everyone else and eat differently yourself? Also, I don't eat eggs. AT ALL. Could I still do this? I read on Amazon it requires the love of eggs.
I've done this a couple times and really like it. The fast day is always amazing to me - the amount of energy I have is ridiculous.
Question - did you take the supplements that she suggests along with the diet?
Post a Comment