I went to bed Saturday night feeling exhausted (from getting home late the night before and me not sleeping well...waiting for meatball to wake up), but cautiously optimistic that maybe my boy had "snapped out of it" and would now sleep a little better.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
I went to bed at 10pm. He started crying 11/11:15. J tried to console him, without picking him up (a suggestion in several of the books I'm reading on toddler sleep issues). The ordeal lasted about a half an hour with the Meatball getting pretty upset, but eventually settling down. I said settled down...not sleeping.
Unbelievably, he stayed awake - and I mean completely awake - until almost 5am. He fussed a little, but mostly he sang, talked, kicked, jumped, and played in his crib. Completely befuddled as to why he wasn't sleeping, I had to go in a couple of times to make sure he seemed to be the right temp (he seemed ok), wasn't wet (his diaper was a little heavy once...so I changed him), didn't have a fever (he didn't), wasn't stuck in the crib slats (he wasn't). He...and therefore, I...was just simply awake. Wide awake. For almost 6 hours. In. the. middle. of. the. night.
For the love of pete, someone help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Vivi, so sorry. I will pray and then pray some more. I wish I had tips/tricks/knowledge of how to handle such things.
I'm praying extra for this situation, too! I can't imagine how frustrating and exhausting it is!
I'd probably try yanking the nap in the afternoon. Some boys just drop the nap (UGH!!) around age 2 and their poor mamas just have to find things for them to do...
Post a Comment