Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wow - she's 92 years old

Did anyone else see this story the other day? I happened to catch it on the "Today Show" and had to post it. I wasn't able to upload the MSN video directly onto the blog...user error, likely...but you can click on the link to see the clip. It's the video to the far right of the page.

If you don't want to watch, it's a story about a 92 year old woman who ran a 5k (about 3 miles) in Independence, MO. She started running 12 years ago, at age 80, after she broke her hip.

As if it's not enough that she 1) wanted to run a 5k (how many 92 year olds are even out and about?!?!?), 2) she actually ran the 5K, 3) she FINISHED the 5k.

Oh, and she did it in 45 minutes.

Now THAT's impressive!

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=113fc2a6-ec31-4bad-b41d-f6889dbddf09&vv=550

1 comment:

Hilary said...

As someone who has run a couple of 5Ks, I know that it is not just a "walk in the park!" I'm sure I won't be doing that at 92....I probably won't even live that long.