Saturday, July 26, 2008

Meatball is Movin' Out

We're moving the boy to temporary housing. His plan has been foiled.

He has not slept through the night, waking several times a night...and I do mean several...in a month. And before that, when things were better, he was waking "only" every other night. This kid has put me through more sleep deprivation than I had with either child as a newborn.

Well, last night we went out with friends to a local fair and to see the Bodeans play. My sister babysat. Now granted, as I've mentioned before, they play hard. They took the 3 boys and our two kids swimming at the club. Max was in the water for 45 minutes and then my sister was holding him. So it's not like he ran on the treadmill for 3 hours. Also, in a style more fitting with the summer hours at their house (since they're both teachers), my kids went to bed about an hour later than usual. In my defense, I've tried these things to no avail.

Meatball slept through the night. 9:15pm to 7:45am.

Hil, you're getting boy#4 until further notice. It's clear I do not know how to handle this boy and you, apparently, are the expert. Congratulations. I'll send him and his stuff over later today. :)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I literally am in my kitchen laughing out loud to myself! I'd be happy to have Meatball! He was a piece of cake! : )

lil' mama said...

curious to know how last night went?