The cake, picked out by the birthday boy himself. Instead of the traditional "Happy Birthday" message, he opted to go with "You Rock."
Banany and Dad rockin' out to Guitar Hero.
Singing HB to dad
Uncle B and cousin, B, were out of town and missed the party. But they called in just in time to sing HB over speaker phone!
The local cousins watching an after dinner show
Struttin' his stuff. Go big daddy.
He's mine...all mine.
We celebrated J's birthday Saturday night with the local family. He wanted to go to the club to work out earlier in the day, which meant I needed to be home with the kids...which meant he had to pick up his own birthday cake. Big mistake. He had them write "You Rock" instead of "Happy Birthday." I'll be sure to go next year.
He elected to spend some of the hard earned money that everyone sent him for his bday on Guitar Hero (perhaps prompting the cake message). Now, I just am not one of the GH junkies. I know people are severely addicted to this "game" but I just don't get the appeal. For one, the graphics are unbelievably stupid. They're sort of creepy cartoony looking freaks. Then, the "player" stands and tries to hit the notes according to this scrolling band that tells him/her which button to push. For $100, I'll let him bang on our $15 Wiggles guitar all day long.
Anyways, he pretty much thinks he's Steven Tyler. He'll come into the family room and announce, "It's time to rock." Go for it, babe.
I guess I should be happy he didn't get a karaoke machine instead.

5 comments:
You rock J! Fun times ahead at the next family gatherings!!!
Vivi, happy or sad about winner of food network star? I was an Adam fan and Amy just cracked me up with her necklaces!
I now am hooked on Tori and Dean. I'm on the wait list at the library for her book:) Have you read it? :)
Lil' Mama - I'm just getting into food network star...so I haven't gotten to know the people much yet. I kind of can't believe I missed this show all along...I guess I was too caught up in Top Chef! But, I'll catch the episodes on reruns and get back to you!
Yes, also on the library waiting list for Tori's book. I believe I'm #55 in line. :)
not sure what's more bi^chin..the roses on the cake or the slippers...
In his defense, those are croc flip flops. I can't explain away the roses though. :) That's what you get when you don't pre-order a cake.
Post a Comment