We went to see the Neil Diamond concert on Saturday with some friends for hub's birthday. We were joined by 17,000 I'm-normally-at-the-casino-but-I'm-crazy-for-Neil fans. I'd guess the average age of the audience was 55, but there were "youngin's" like us there and plenty who were over 55 too. What's funny is that these adorable silver haired ladies were squealing away and dancing machines for the 2 1/2 hour concert. Hope I'm that peppy on a late Saturday night as they were when I'm 55!It was a really fun concert - the first time I'd seen him live. He sounds just like he does on his CDs - it's always nice when a singer sounds just as good live as they do when they cut a CD in a recording studio. The crowd went C-R-A-Z-Y over "Sweet Caroline" it was pretty fun to see a huge stadium rockin' like that.
Considering he is 67 years old, it's pretty impressive that he's been doing this for 40 years and still nearly sold out the Excel two nights in a row. He said he's thought about what makes him keep doing this and he claims it's because he looks out and sees the smiles. He forgot to add it's made him a multi-millionaire. Whatever the reason, the man puts on a good show.

3 comments:
Love Neil. Went to his concert with my mom about 10 years ago! Glad you guys were out and had fun!
The boys LOVE "Sweet Caroline"! They especially like to sing along with the bum...bum...bum part.
Glad you had such a good time!
yep-there are two kinds of people in the world. Neil lovers and Neil haters.
signed
Neil Hater
Post a Comment