Monday, August 18, 2008

August 19, 1995

Our wedding day.

I waited by myself in the church sanctuary for J to come in so we could see each other all dressed up for the first time that day. He walked up the aisle toward me and lovingly said, "Hubba hubba."

We've had our fair share of fights, tears and stress over the last 13 years, but laughter has reigned supreme. We laugh at other people, each other, and ourselves. We enjoy each other's company still and have settled in quite nicely to a very comfortable life together. It took a few years to work out some kinks, but he finally learned. :)

I am so very blessed and look forward to what life brings us next.

I love you J! Happy 13th Anniversary!

7 comments:

lil' mama said...

Congrats! Doing anything fun to celebrate? Making a fun dinner???

Hilary said...

The first of the Smith girls to get married...Congrats on 13!

Heather said...

13-that's awesome!

Sally said...

Happy Anniversary you two, has it really been 13 years!?

Kari said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours was the 16th. I was hoping to blog that day, maybe next year! :)
I hope you have a special day. What are you cooking tonight? : )

Dawson's Brain said...

I will always remember your wedding as well. But mostly for reasons involving extreme panic and a toliet that I forgot to flush.

Congrats!

Bono said...

I remember wow, Holly is the prettiest bride I had ever seen. Until I got married :) Happy Anniversary that was a great day.