Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Celebration


We had a great day celebrating Meatball's birthday. J took the day off from work and we went to a nearby lake with my sister and her family. We played in the sand, swam in the lake, played on the playground, and took a picnic lunch. Then home for a birthday nap.

During naptime, J and I decorated the cake I made (a slightly modified Barefoot Contessa Birthday Sheet Cake ) with a racetrack theme. It was the first birthday cake I've ever made and the first one either of us ever decorated - it was pretty fun!

After dinner (don't ask...what do you think a 2 year old's favorite dinner is?), my sister and her family and Meaty's Nana and Papa came over to open presents and eat cake. He made out big in the car department - among other great gifts, getting new cars from the movie "Cars", a new race track, and even a mini-PT cruiser just like his beloved Papa. Thanks everyone!

The kids ran off some sugar outside and Meatball was tucked into his bed after a busy "happy happy," as he called it. As he clutched a Hot Wheels Dodge van in each hand, he sweetly said, "G,nigh. Luh-yo."

Good night sweet boy, Happy Birthday.



















3 comments:

Sally said...

it was a fine party, and Papa and I enjoyed some leftover cake today

Bono said...

Happy Bday Meatball. I just love the your dad is rocking the Chargers hat in the Lake picture!!

Vivi said...

Bono, who are you?